Happy Valentine’s Day, lovers! In which Valentine’s Day category do you belong?
- 15% of women will send themselves flowers on Valentine’s Day.
- 73% of people who buy flowers for Valentine’s Day are men, while only 27 percent are women.
- 61% of men of all ages say they would like to receive flowers from a woman for Valentine’s Day.
- 53% of women in America would dump their boyfriend if they did not get them anything for Valentine’s Day.
- 3% of people give their pets a Valentine’s Day present.
- Approximately 11% of Americans will be engaged on Valentine’s Day… *
If you and your significant other are a couple of the 11% who became engaged, congratulations and best wishes! Immediately following the proposal, your thoughts probably landed on wedding insurance, didn’t they?!
Beyond the heart, soul, passion, beauty and commitment which weddings represent lies the undeniable fact that a wedding also symbolizes an incredible financial investment. It is not romantic, nor is it glamorous, but a wedding must be protected like any other investment. Couples across our nation grow up envisioning their fairytale wedding; insurance is available to protect that vision. Considering the average wedding costs over $28,000—the same as a car!—more couples should think about insuring their big day like they insure their big car purchase.
The incredible thing about insurance is that it offers something that is so hard to find, especially when it comes to the things we value most: peace of mind. The Wedding Protector Plan from Travelers is an insurance policy that offers financial protection if certain unfortunate, unforeseen events should occur during the period leading up to and including the wedding day. Starting at $160, wedding insurance can offer that peace of mind to a bride, her groom and their families. The Wedding Protector Plan offers a number of coverages including:
- Cancellation or Postponement
- Special Attire
- Additional Expenses
- Special Jewelry
- Event Photographs/Video
- Lost Deposits
- Event Gifts
- Liability Insurance
These coverages can (but are not limited to):
- Reimburse you if an important item related to your wedding (for example, your rings or your dress) is lost or damaged before you get married or during the ceremony.
- Reimburse you in case you lose non-refundable deposits if a vendor (for example, your florist, photographer or caterer) goes out of business before your wedding or does not show up.
- Reimburse your deposit if something happens to the wedding site or reception hall (for example, a fire) before your wedding.
- Reimburse you and pay for re-scheduling if events beyond your control cause you to postpone your wedding (i.e. weather; sickness or injury to the bride, groom, or anyone essential to the wedding; military or job duties; vendor no-show).
- Add coverage to protect you in case someone at your wedding is injured or causes damage to the property of others.
- Pay for damage to or theft of wedding attire, photos, videos, and gifts.
These coverages cannot:
- Reimburse you if you or your fiancé have a change of heart 😦
Click the image below to learn more about the Wedding Protector Plan. You can also purchase insurance for your wedding online in minutes. If you would like assistance, feel free to call us at Asset Security (914-598-3004) and we can provide you with more information and walk you through the process.
For some more information, review the following articles:
- Read this article, which underscores the importance of wedding insurance and what a savior it can be: “Vendor and Venue Mishaps Top List of Wedding Insurance Claims in Faltering Economy: Majority of claims tied to wedding cancellations, bankrupt venues, no-show vendors; Travelers urges couples and parents to review insurance options.”
- Here is an article about Wedding Insurance from the Better Business Bureau.
- The Insurance Journal featured an article on wedding insurance, too.
* Statistics Sources: The U.S. Census Bureau, The Diamond Information Center, Bruskin/Goldring Research for the Society of American Florists (SAF), and Hubpages.com.